Funded by SICOT & Århus University Hospital, Denmark
Every year, SICOT offers young surgeons three-month fellowships to visit an internationally renowned orthopaedic centre. The aim is to improve knowledge and surgical skills.
The fellowships are:
Danish Travelling Fellowship: at Århus University Hospital in Denmark specialised in Spine Surgery. SICOT will cover the accommodation and travel expenses (economy ticket only; taxis will only be reimbursed at a reasonable amount; airport shuttle bus service must be used in priority to taxis) up to EUR 2,500 (proof of expenses must be provided).
International Travelling Fellowship: The winner will plan his fellowship (arrange his travel, accommodation and make contact with the center of his choice) and will be awarded a total of EUR 4,000 to do this. This center should have a SICOT member, or the corresponding surgeon is known to, or in contact with, SICOT.
must be a SICOT member with membership dues paid two years in a row at the time of the application (the year of the application and the year before)
must be 45 years or under at the beginning of the fellowship
must have five or more years of specialised orthopaedic training
priority is given to attendees of past SICOT meetings
medical check-up before travel
health insurance coverage during stay at centre
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a letter of recommendation from Head of Department
two references with e-mail contacts
recent health certificate (including lab results for blood tests)
application letter containing:
aim of travel (travel should take place in 2018), specialty of interest and Fellowship being applied for (1 choice)
how this Fellowship will benefit your home country or hospital
for the International Travelling Fellowship: the acceptance letter(s) from the centre(s) and the contact person from the centre(s)
Application deadline: 31 December 2018
Successful applicants are required to submit a report to SICOT upon completion of their fellowship.
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: Sahil Batra (India), Sanjay Yadav (India), Gaurav Garg (India), Karthikeyan Maharajan (Singapore)
- International Travelling Fellowship: Jiong Jiong Guo (China), Mohamed Amr Hemida (Egypt), Aaradhana Jha Jivendra (Nepal)
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: Anupreet Bassi (India)
- International Travelling Fellowship: Julia Moreira Franco (Brazil)
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: Peace Ifeoma Amaraegbulam (Nigeria), Kenny Kwan (Hong Kong), Adetunji Toluse (Nigeria), Kedar Phadke (India)
- International Travelling Fellowship: Mrinal Sharma (India)
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: -
- International Travelling Fellowship: Ahmed Ismail Ahmed Hammouda (Egypt)
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: Mohamed El Maksoud Ismail (Egypt)
- German Travelling Fellowship: Sunil Gurpur Kini (India)
- International Travelling Fellowship: Tanveer Singh Bhutani (India)
- German Travelling Fellowship: Mayank Agrawal (India) Read report...
- International Travelling Fellowship: Alfredo Pozzo (Bolivia) Read report...
- Danish Travelling Fellowship: Dharmendra Singh (India) Read report...
- German Travelling Fellowship: Hamed Abdelmoula Alhawary (Egypt) Read report...
- International Travelling Fellowship: Ahmed Abdel-Azeem (Egypt) Read report... (pdf)