Funded by SICOT and the Centro de Traumatologia Esportiva e Artroscopia
Every year, SICOT will offer one surgeon a one-year fellowship to the CTEA (Parana, South Brazil). The fellow will do surgeries and scrub in public and private hospitals and so he/she will see high technologies and will be exposed to several Orthopaedics Subspecialties. The fellowship will mainly provide degenerative and sports knee training.
The accommodation and the meals will be provided for by CTEA. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by SICOT up to EUR 1,000 (economy ticket only). Taxis will only be reimbursed at a reasonable amount. Airport shuttle bus service must be used in priority to taxis.
- Must be a SICOT member with membership dues paid two years in a row at the time of the application (the year of the application deadline and the year before)
- Must be 45 years or under at the beginning of the fellowship
- Must have three or more years of specialised orthopaedic training at the time of application
- Health insurance coverage during stay at centre
- Medical check-up before travel (including lab results for blood tests)
- Application form must be filled in
- Priority is given to candidates having attended one or more SICOT Congress(es) in the past 4 years
- Preference is given to international fellows. SICOT will not cover the travelling costs of national fellows.
- It is recommended for the applicant to speak Portuguese or to have basic knowledge in that language as few people speak English or Spanish (all the trainers speak English but with knowledge in Portuguese, the fellow will be better integrated).
Documents to submit to [email protected]:
- Application Form to be filled in
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Up-to-date CV mentioning
- the date of birth
- the logbook
- the academic achievements
- other achievements
- the professional experience in Orthopaedics (with month and year of beginning and ending)
- the field(s) of interest
- Two recommendation letters, one must be from the current Head of Department
- A document proving the English level
- Motivation letter showing the motivation and the reason for wanting to attend this fellowship
- Recent medical check-up (including lab results for blood tests)
- Degree in Orthopaedics
Deadline for applications: 26 May 2023