Funded by SICOT & Hadra Orthopaedic and Traumatology University Hospital, Egypt
Every year, SICOT will offer two surgeons a six-month fellowship to Hadra Orthopaedic and Traumatology University Hospital, in Alexandria (Egypt). The Spine unit is an AOSpine-recognized unit for short-term fellowships.
The accommodation will be provided for by Hadra Orthopaedic and Traumatology University Hospital. Travel expenses will be reimbursed by SICOT up to EUR 1,000 (economy ticket only). Taxis will only be reimbursed at a reasonable amount. Airport shuttle bus service must be used in priority to taxis.
The purpose of the fellowship is to receive training in different specialized departments. The candidate will choose between one or two departments. These include arthroplasty, arthroscopic surgery, spinal surgery, paediatric surgery, microsurgery, hand surgery, and orthopaedic oncology.
The training programme will start in January and July of each year.
- Must be a SICOT member with membership dues paid two years in a row at the time of the application (the year of the application deadline and the year before)
- Must be 45 years or under at the beginning of the fellowship
- Must have at least 4 years of professional experience at the time of application
- Health insurance coverage during stay at centre
- Medical check-up before travel (including lab results for blood tests)
- Application form must be filled in
- Priority is given to candidates having attended one or more SICOT Congress(es) in the past 4 years
- Preference will be given to international fellows. SICOT will not cover the travelling costs of national fellows.
Documents to submit to [email protected]:
- Application Form to be filled in
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Up-to-date CV mentioning
- the date of birth
- the logbook
- the academic achievements
- other achievements
- the professional experience in Orthopaedics (with month and year of beginning and ending)
- the field(s) of interest
- Two recommendation letters, one must be from the current Head of Department
- A document proving the English level
- Motivation letter showing the motivation and the reason for wanting to attend this fellowship
- Recent medical check-up (including lab results for blood tests)
Mohamed S. Kassem
Hadra University Hospital
Deadline for applications: 26 May 2023